Notes on Class Speakers – July 28th, 2009
- Social Media guy for Sandusky Radio
- Radio shows on Twitter span a wide range. Good example: @TheSquare , which brings its Twitter to the News broadcast, like CNN does it now.
- You can’t force people into using Social Media. You get the most useful information when people are actually motivated and interested.
- Spent a lot of time to create and manage his brand.
Linda Thomas @thenewschick
- Did not know what to do with Twitter at first, then approached it as a broadcaster
- “On Twitter it is not about who you are, but about what you have to say”; then I just changed to communicating
- you don’t own your brand like a news anchor doesn’t own credibility. All you own is your name, and you can build credibility, but you can lose it just as fast. You can control it to some extent with what you are tweeting, but you can’t control the outcome